Meagan Moody leads committed ACC members as President;
Sam Pennington assumes Vice President role
Edwards, Mo. – June 7, 2016 – Following a sold out annual conference for the Automotive Communications Council (ACC) in Tampa, Florida, the council has announced the new appointments to its leadership team and Board of Governors.
The structure of the membership-run organization promotes a deeper involvement of ACC members and encourages education across different business functions. The council is led by a President, Vice President, and 10 additional members that serve on the Board of Governors. These 10 members serve as chairs and co-chairs for the ACC Learning Tracks. All leadership roles are effective July 1, 2016.
Meagan Moody, Marketing Analyst, ZF Services, LLC, assumes the role of President of the Automotive Communications Council. She has been active in the ACC for four years, and has served on the Board of Governors since 2013, most currently as the council’s Vice-President. “I am excited and honored to accept the role of President of such a dedicated membership, and look forward to the next steps in store for the ACC,” said Moody. Her aftermarket experience dates back to childhood with her family’s auto parts store, with five years of professional aftermarket experience. In her role with ZF Services, LLC, Moody is responsible for communications, tradeshow management and marketing strategy.
After a vote by the membership, Sam Pennington, Trade Marketing Manager, Valvoline, was elected Vice President of the council. He has been a member of ACC for two years and has served as a member of the board for the past year as the Communications Track Co-Chair. Pennington was responsible for the successful launch of the ACC website. Part of the aftermarket for 6 years, in his current role at Valvoline, Pennington holds responsibility for the development of marketing and sales programs, and implementation of such programs with the national sales teams.
The membership also elected six Board members, who will join previously elected track chairs to serve as co-chairs on the learning tracks. The 2016-2017 Board of Governors members and their associated tracks include:
- Steffanie Savine, Account Executive/Marketing Director, The Marx Group
- Kristina Lee, Marketing Manager, Gates Corporation
- Al Haberstroh, Chief Strategy Officer, MontAd Media
- Brian Jungmann, Automotive Communications Manager, SKF USA Inc.
Meetings & Events:
- Tomer Regev, Vice President of Marketing & Traditional Sales for Blue Streak Electronics
- Jacki Lutz, Marketing and Communications Manager, NA Aftermarket, Schrader Performance Sensors
- Tamra Ayers, Vice President of Business Development for Automotive Data Media
- Jennifer Gibson, WIX Filters Brand Manager, MANN+HUMMEL Filtration Technology
- Cara Mitchell, MARCOM Manager for ITW Global Brands
- Georgianne Dickey, Market and Communications Manager, NTN Bearing Corporation of America
The “learning track” concept was designed to engage and mentor ACC members while supporting and growing the council, which is uniquely operated by its membership. The learning tracks provide opportunities for members to lend their professional expertise, and grow relationships within the engaged committees.
“On behalf of myself and the entire ACC membership, I’d like to thank outgoing President Steffanie Savine, for her dedication and leadership of the council for the past year,” said Meagan Moody, incoming president of the ACC. “We appreciate the direction she has provided for the organization, and look forward to having her back on the board as a new chair.”